Chef: Katie Mae
Makes: 6 tostadas
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
- 2 medium cooked sweet potatoes, mashed (any potato works)
- 1½ c cooked black beans (1 can drained and rinsed)
- 2 T water
- ½ T ground cumin
- 1 t ground coriander
- 1 t garlic granules
- 1 t chili powder
- 6 corn tortillas, oil-free
- 2 c spinach, chopped
- 3 Roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Set freshly cooked and mashed sweet potatoes aside. (If the sweet potatoes were cooked previously and are cool, warm them up on the stove top.)
- In a medium saucepan over medium low heat, add black beans, water, cumin, coriander, garlic granules and chili powder.
- Heat the beans for 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Lay tortillas in a single layer on a baking tray.
- Put tortillas in the oven for 4-6 minutes, depending on how soft you want them to be. Remove from oven and lay on a serving plate.
- To make a tostada, first add a thin layer of spinach to the tortilla.
- Then, scoop a little of the sweet potatoes onto the spinach.
- Add about ¼ cup of the black beans on top of the sweet potatoes.
- Top off with diced tomatoes, and your favorite salsa.
Connect with Katie Mae on Facebook where she shares more recipes, tips and resources for a stellar plant-based diet! You can also have her recipes delivered to your inbox.