PP: Everyday Superfood Salad with Salsa/Ginger Dressing
Chef: Jeannie Hudkins
Makes: 4 - 6 Salad dressing servings
Prep time: 20 - 30 minutes
Superfood greens; in any combination
- Romaine Lettuce
Colorful veggies (your choice)
- Bok choy
- Green/red peppers
Colorful fruits (your choice)
Seeds (plant strong only)
- Flaxseeds (ground)
- Chia seeds
- Pumpkin seeds (PS)
- Sesame seeds (PS)
For Salad Dressing
- 1 ¼ c salsa
- 1 T maple syrup
- 2 t. minced ginger
- Water (to desired consistency)
- For a single salad, simply grab a dinner plate and pile it as high as you can with your choice of greens and any combination of colorful vegetables and fruits.
- Add a handful of any kind of beans (to keep you satiated for hours)
- Sprinkle on a tablespoon of ground flax or chia seeds as well as your choice of pumpkin or sesame seeds.
- Combine all ingredients.
- Enjoy with Everyday Superfood Salad.
Prepare as-is for a low-fat meal bursting with micronutrients.
If you prefer, add 1/4 c peanut butter dressing (from my "My Beef with Meat by Rip Esselstyn.")
(Salad dressing adapted from My Beef with Meat, by Rip Esselstyn.)
Eat Like You Give a Damn: For the Animals, For Your Health, For Our Planet, http://www.eatlikeyougiveadamn-thebook.com