PP: Zucchini Manicotti
Makes: 4 servings
Prep time: 30 minutes
- 2 large zucchini, sliced like lasagna noodles
- 1 c sun dried tomatoes
- 1 large carrot
- 1 T Italian seasonings
- 1 T nutritional yeast
- 1/4 c onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/8 c lemon juice
- 2 c collard greens, chopped, reserve 1/2 c for garnish! !
- Cut the ends off and slice zucchini length wise using a mandolin to resemble lasagna noodle set aside.
- Blend together remaining ingredients but remember to add Italian seasoning last and blend for 10 seconds to incorporate seasonings.
- Place sun dried tomato filling and spinach in a bowl and mix.
- Using 6 pieces of zucchini, overlap zucchini by laying them side by side but on the piece before it.
- Add 1/2 cup of tomato and spinach filling to the zucchini and roll it up.
- Garnish with chopped greens and extra tomato and spinach filling.
Optional Add ins (plant strong), "Cheese Sauce"
- 2 c nuts or seeds of choice
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1-2 T nutritional yeast
- Blend on high in Vitamix/high powered blender until smooth.
- Place manicotti in the dehydrator for an hour before serving to warm slightly.
- If you use nuts add 1 cup cashews or almonds to sun dried tomato filling blend then add spinach.
- Instead of making the lasagna noodles out of zucchini; shred it or use a spiralizer to make spaghetti noodles, add other vegetables and whole plant based"cheese" sauce or sun dried tomato sauce.
Chelly; Faith, Hope, Love & Health