Chef: Andrea Seppinni
Makes: 8-10 Servings
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 2 c steel-cut oats
- 5 c water
- 2 c fresh or fresh frozen cranberries
- 1 c home-roasted pumpkin or canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 1 t ground cinnamon
- 1 t pumpkin pie spice
- Stevia to taste, optional
- Optional toppings: fresh grated nutmeg, maple syrup, toasted walnuts or pumpkin seeds.
- Mix the oats, cranberries and water together in a 4-quart pot and bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover and simmer, stirring occasionally. Cook for 20 minutes or until the oats soften and the cranberries begin to pop open.
- Add the pumpkin and stir through.
- Bring back up to temperature, fold in the cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice and heat for a minute more.
- Serve or store.
Tips: To prep the night before, put the oats, spices and water in the pot and cover. Add the cranberries and pumpkin in the morning when you turn the burner on, and proceed with the recipe as usual, from the point where you reduce the heat and cover the pot. Set out various toppings from which your guests can choose.
http://www.plantchef.com/cranberry-pumpkin-spiced-oats-crowd/ for full post.
COPYRIGHT 2015 | PLANTCHEF.COM