Chef: Andrea Seppinni
Makes: 2 cups
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 2 hours, 10 minutes (2 hours refrigeration)
- 1 12-oz. box firm silken tofu, drained and patted dry with a paper towel
- 1-2 T agave nectar, or to taste
- 2 T smooth Dijon mustard, or to taste, depending on the potency of your mustard
- 1 T distilled white vinegar
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon, approx. 2-2 1/2 T
- Fine India black salt (also called kala namak) to taste*
- White pepper, to taste
- Blend all the ingredients in a mini food processor or blender.
- Adjust seasoning to taste.
- Cover and refrigerate to allow to chill and thicken, at least 2 hours.
- Use as you would standard mayonnaise in dips, dressings and sauces.
- Store refrigerated in an airtight container for up to two weeks.
Tips: Black salt or kala namak from India is great for any dish into which you’d like to impart an egg flavor such as tofu scrambles and plant-based eggless salads. Kala namak can be found at international markets or online.
COPYRIGHT 2015 | PLANTCHEF.COM