Chef: Andrea Seppinni
Makes: Serves 4
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
For the Dressing
- 1/4 c May-No or prepared fat-free, egg-free mayonnaise
- 1/2 t Dijon mustard
- 1/4 c fresh squeezed orange juice reduced (cooked down and cooled) to 2 tablespoons
- 1 1/2 t orange zest
- 1 t minced shallot
- Pinch of fine sea salt, optional
For the Salad
- 6 medium carrots, well scrubbed and shaved into ribbons from top to root tip with a Y-vegetable peeler
- 1/3 c currants
- 2/3 c lightly toasted sliced almonds, cooled, reserving a few aside to garnish
- Stir together all dressing ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
- Place half the carrots in a large bowl; top with half the currants and half the toasted almonds.
- Drizzle half the dressing on top. Add the rest of the carrots, currants, almonds (excluding garnish) and dressing.
- Gently toss with tongs to mix well, being careful to avoid breaking up the carrot ribbons. Taste and adjust seasoning. Cover and chill for at least a 1/2 hour.
- To serve, pile high on a platter, and sprinkle with the reserved almonds
- Tips: Total time includes 1/2 hour chilling. I prefer a light kiss of dressing, but if you’d like more for this salad, just double the recipe.
http://www.plantchef.com/crunchy-carrot-and-currant-salad/ for full post.
COPYRIGHT 2015 | PLANTCHEF.COM