Chef: Zana Nikodinovski-Jancevski
Makes: 3-4 servings
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 1-15oz drained can of chickpeas
- Fresh parsley-chopped
- ½ of the rind of an organic lemon
- Half a squeezed lemon
- 1 T flax seed to 3 T warm water
- ½ t Garlic powder
- Salt (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- Crushed red dried peppers (to taste)
- Oregano (1/4 t)
- 1 t dried Italian seasoning
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- In a cup take 1 T flax seed to 3 T warm water, whisk both ingredients together and let sit to the side.
- Place all the above ingredients into a blender and blend until ingredients are well blended but not creamy like hummus. Mixture should be thick and have small chunks.
- Form mixture into three very generous thick patties or four smaller thinner patties.
- Place patties onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 12-18 minutes depending on thickness of patties. Its safer to start at the 12 minutes and continue checking every few minutes.
Tip: Top with amoigo sauce, your favorite salsa, dressing or use between your favorite burger buns or bread. If you want the patties to be a little "crispy" place patties under broiler set on high and broil patties to desired crispiness. You may also add diced tomatoes, green peppers or onions as another version of these patties.
To your health,