PP: Amoigo Sauce
Chef: Zana Nikodinovski-Jancevski
Makes: 4 servings
Prep time: 20 minutes
- 8 Roma tomatoes (or 2 large tomatoes)
- ½ small Red onion finely chopped
- Handful of fresh parsley finely chopped
- 2 large leaves of fresh basil
- 3 large cloves of finely chopped garlic
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- Salt to taste
- Fresh cracked pepper to taste
- Garlic powder to taste
- A sprinkle of sugar (optional-sugar helps to balance out the salt)
- Chop ingredients through garlic and place into a bowl.
- Add lemon juice, gently toss
- Add salt, cracked pepper, garlic powder and sugar and toss thoroughly.
- Let the sauce sit on the counter for an hour to allow the water to release from the tomatoes ( The sauce should be thicker and not like a tomato sauce.)
Tip: Serve over your favorite pasta, rice, salad, toasted bread or stuffed into a baked potato or sweet potato.
To your health,