Chef: Dr. Allan Kalmus
Makes: 12 1/2 c servings
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 2 cans of tomato sauce 28 oz can size
- 1 can of tomato paste 12 oz can size
- 1 large sweet onion chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic chopped
- 2 T Italian seasoning
- 1 T of sweet basil
- 1 pkg whole grain spaghetti noodles
- In a large pot bring 1 cup of water to a boil.
- Add the onion and garlic. Let it boil until the onions become clear.
- Add the Basil and Italian Seasoning.
- Add the tomato sauce and paste.
- Bring it to a simmer, cover and reduce the heat for 30 minutes.
- Prepare spaghetti according to package directions.
- Place sauce over noodles
- Garnish with a sprig of parsley.