Chef: Denise Kling-Pelto
Makes: 12 1/2 c servings
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 2 large pears; ripe, but not yellow; avoid hard green pears
- 2 ½ c vegetable broth
- 2 T tamari or Amino Acids
- 1/4-1/2c fat free fear pear balsamic dressing
- 1 large sweet onion diced
- 1” ginger stem pulverized
- 1 c brown rice
- 4 c frozen organic mixed vegetables
- 1 can well rinsed and drained black beans/sesame ginger infused tofu cubed
- Place 2 c of vegetable broth a 1 c rice in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil; cover and simmer for 20-30 minutes, until all liquid is absorbed
- While the rice is cooking. peel, core and dice your pears.
- Place a small amount of vegetable broth into a frying pan.
- Healthy saute your onions and ginger until the onions are translucent.
- Then, put in pear dices with the onions and ginger; frequently stir until caramelized and browned
- Remove pears once they are tender but not mushy, along with onions and ginger.
- Take remaining vegetable broth and place in carmelized pan and deglaze. Place mixed vegetables in the frying pan until they are thoroughly cooked.
- In a large bowl, place the rice, pear mixture, cooked mixed vegetables and black beans.
- Fold Tamari/Amino Acids. Mix well.
Tip: Can be served warm or cold. You can add natural no sugar pear juice to increase the sweetness.