Chef: Dr. Allan Kalmus
Makes: 4 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- 1 package red lentil penne noodles (12 oz)
- 1 sweet red bell pepper chopped
- 1 small green zucchini chopped
- 12 thinly sliced brussel sprouts
- 15 snap pea pods chopped
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- 1 large portobello mushroom cap chopped (remove the ribs)
- 1 c of chopped parsley plus a few sprigs as garnish
- 1 t dried cilantro
- 1 t curry powder
- 1 t lemon pepper
- 1 T basil
- 1 c vegetable soup stock
- Cook the noodles in salt water for 8 to 10 minutes per package directions. Strain but don't rinse.
- In a large pot or wok bring the soup stock to a boil.
- Cook the vegetables stirring constantly until tender.
- Turn down the heat to medium and stir in the seasonings.
- Add the noodles
- Continue stirring until the liquids have been absorbed.
TIP: Sprinkle with nutritional yeast and garnish with a sprig of parsley.