Chef: Denise Kling-Pelto
Makes: 8 servings; cabbage rolls each
Prep Time: 45 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
- 1 c of brown rice
- 2 c vegan beef bouillon
- ⅛ c parsley
- 1 t smoked paprika
- 1 T Dulse (hickory flavor)
- 1 onion minced
- 4 stalks of celery
- ½ c chopped sun-dried tomato diced
- 2 c black beans cooked until creamy
- 1 large head of cabbage; cored
- 1 can of diced fire roasted tomatoes
- Cooking black beans; soak overnight, rinse, bring to a boil, simmer for 20 minutes; shock (add 4 c cold water) bring back to boil and remove from heat when creamy
- Start brown rice with vegetable broth boiling; reduce to a simmer for 25 minutes. Add ⅛ cup parsley and 1 t smoke paprika and 1 T Dulse
- healthy saute onions, celery and sun-dried tomato
- Mix the rice mixture with sauteed items. Then the black beans, set aside.
- In a large pot with boiling water, carefully place cored head of cabbage. Bring to a boil again; start removing leaves with tongs, one leaf at a time onto a large plate.
- Lay un-torn cabbage leaved with stem closest to you. Place approximately 1/2 cup of rice mixture in the center close to you in a mound. Wrap right and left side upward and roll center keeping sides tucked over. Tuck in the top of the cabbage into a package.
- In a 9/ 13", put the juice from a can of diced fire roasted tomatoes. Place Galumpki in rows of four horizontally. You should have 16.
- Place the diced fire roasted tomatoes on top of the Galumpki. Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 60 minutes.