Member Contributor: Cathi Salach
Makes: 6 entree servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 7 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 lb. whole wheat penne
- 2 25 oz jars prepared pasta sauce, ff, low sodium
- 2 c boiling water
- 1 large red onion, diced
- 1 c shredded carrot
- 1 orange bell pepper,diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 8 oz sliced mushrooms, chop slices in half
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ⅓ c nutritional yeast.
- 1 T dried oregano
- ½ - 1t red pepper flakes
- 1 T Dried parsley
- Several twists of fresh ground black pepper
- 5 oz box fresh baby spinach
- Boil 2 cups water.
- Turn electric pressure cooker setting to sauté mode
- Add ½ c water and sauté all vegetables except spinach.
- Saute for five minutes.
- Keep on sauté setting and add water, sauce, nutritional yeast and seasonings.
- Mix we'll and let come to a simmer.
- Add pasta.
- Mix well and push down pasta so it's covered by liquid.
- Cook at high pressure for 7 minutes.
- Use natural pressure release.
- If pasta is not tender enough, put glass lid on cooker and simmer for a couple minutes.
- Keeping cooker on warm, add spinach, mix well, cover with glass lid and allow spinach to wilt for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with nutritional yeast and enjoy!
- Types of pasta such as rice and bean pastas and others will need a shorter cook time. You can find pressure cooking time charts online.
- If you love your pasta sauce you may not want to add more herbs.
It's the food!