Member Contributor: Cathi Salach
Makes: a 9 x 13 pan
Prep Time: 45 to 50 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 2 hours
- 2 large yellow onions, diced
- 6 stalks celery, diced
- 3 apples, cored & diced
- 6 oz. dried apricots, snipped into tiny pieces
- 20 oz. stuffing bread cubes
- 1 qt veg broth, ff & low sodium
- 1 6.75 oz Apple juice lunch box
- 1 T powdered sage
- 2 T cinnamon
- Put snipped apricots in a small bowl, cover with broth and microwave for for two minutes. (Or heat in pan till broth is hot.) Let stand while cooking onions.
- Saute onion and celery in some broth until mixture is soft and turning brown.
- Put bread cubes in a very large mixing bowl, add sage & cinnamon and toss well.
- Add apricots with broth and toss.
- Add onion/celery mixture and apples & toss well.
- Taste and add more seasoning if desired.
- Pour Apple juice in a large measuring cup. Add broth to make 2 cups. Mix well and pour over stuffing.
- Mix stuffing together well. Add more broth if you want a moister dressing.
- Put stuffing into a 9 x 13 non stick pan.
- Cover with parchment paper and then foil.
- Bake for 1 hour. Remove foil and paper and if not brown, leave in oven to brown a little.
- Let rest for 10 min. before serving.
It's the food!