Chef: Claire Brown
Makes: 6-8 servings
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1 ½ c cornmeal
- ½ c whole wheat flour
- 2 T flax seed, ground (meal)
- 1 T baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 c plant milk
- ½ c applesauce
- 2 T pure maple syrup or agave
- Preheat oven to 375. If your pan isn’t non-stick, use parchment paper to keep from sticking.
- Whisk the dry ingredients together.
- Add the wet ingredients and mix.
- Spread batter in a small baking pan and bake at 375 for 20 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.
- I use flour to give the bread some rise and a finer grain but you can use gluten-free flour or all cornmeal.
- I usually bake this in a glass pie plate but any shape will work.
- Try adding your favorite seasonings, jalapenos, bell peppers or corn kernels.
Claire Brown lives in Winter Garden, Florida with two dogs, two cats and her husband Eric who is quite tolerant of all the vegetables she feeds him. See what she’s eating on Instagram or visit her site at www.plantbasedtable.net