Chef: Vicki Brett-Gach
Makes: 1 serving
Prep Time: 2 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 7 minutes
- 1 medium-size russet (Idaho) or Yukon Gold baking potato (about 8 ounces)
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 c frozen corn
- 1 c salsa
- sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Garnish: Fresh cilantro (optional)
- Prepare potato for baking by scrubbing/washing well, then poking several times with a fork or knife for steam to escape while baking.
- Place the potato on a microwave-safe plate, and cook in microwave oven on full power for 5 minutes. (Depending on size of the potato, cooking time may vary; adjust as needed.)
- While the potato is baking, combine black beans, frozen corn, and salsa in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce to simmer for 2 or 3 minutes, or until the mixture is nice and hot and bubbling.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Top the baked potato with approximately 1 c of the spicy black bean and corn mixture, and garnish with fresh cilantro, if desired. Serve immediately.
- Additional spicy black beans and corn mixture can be refrigerated for more EASY TEX-MEX POTATOES later in the week.
- These potatoes are great for breakfast, lunch, or dinner!
Vicki Brett-Gach is a Certified Vegan Lifestyle Coach and Educator and a Certified Personal Chef. Follow her blog, Ann Arbor Vegan Kitchen [http://www.annarborvegankitchen.com] at AnnArborVeganKitchen.com for new recipes as soon as they are published-