Chef: Denise Kling-Pelto
Makes: 12 cups
Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Cook Time: In slow cooker 4-6 hours
- ½ peck Golden Delicious (perfect sweetness)
- ½ c water
- 1 T Cinnamon
- ½ t nutmeg
- Turn slow cooker/crock pot on high setting for the first 2 hours, then low for the remaining time.
- Put ½ c water into the crock pot
- Peel and core the apples and slice if you want a chunky topping/butter. ~or~ leave peelings on, core and slice and run finished topping/butter through a blender. (Peelings become very tough and leathery)
- Place apple slices in slow cooker.
- Sprinkle cinnamon and nutmeg over apples.
- Stir intermittently
- I give this as part of a vegan gift package during the holidays. It is very difficult to find an apple topping/butter without added sugar.
- Put this in your oatmeal or to top anything with a sweet warm finish.