Chef: Vicki Brett-Gach
Makes: 2 servings
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: none
Total Time: 5 minutes
- 2 large whole-grain tortillas
- oil-free, tahini-free hummus or Baba Ghannouj
- 1 c fresh spinach leaves, chopped (or other salad greens)
- 6 leftover spears of steam-sautéed or roasted asparagus (or other cooked vegetable)
- 1 c leftover Spiced Beans, Peppers, and Onions* (recipe below)
Spiced Beans, Peppers, and Onions
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon Mexican Seasoning
- Spread the tortillas with a layer of hummus.
- Cover most of the hummus with the spinach, from one end all the way across to the other.
- Add the asparagus down the center of each tortilla.
- Spoon the Spiced Beans, Pepper, and Onions mixture over the top of each tortilla. Carefully roll the tortillas as tightly as you can.
- To slice, cut the wraps into halves. Line up halves, and cut each one into halves again, and serve.
- Steam-sauté onion and green pepper in a hot pan until tender.
- Add beans and seasoning, and continue to cook together until well combined, and heated through. Store in the refrigerator for preparing the wraps above.
- Prepare the Spiced Beans, Peppers, and Onions mixture ahead of time and store in refrigerator for wraps any day of the week.
- Time crunch? Just mix 1 cup of salsa with a can of drained and rinsed beans instead.
Vicki Brett-Gach is a writer, blogger, culinary instructor, Certified Personal Chef, and Certified Vegan Lifestyle Coach. Follow her blog, Ann Arbor Vegan Kitchen [http://www.annarborvegankitchen.com] at AnnArborVeganKitchen.com for new recipes as soon as they are published.