Chef: Vicki Brett-Gach
Makes: 6 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 1/2 c soy milk or soy yogurt, unsweetened
- 1/3 c nutritional yeast flakes
- 2 T white or yellow miso
- kosher salt and coarse ground pepper, to taste
Pasta and Peas
- 1 lb. box of whole wheat pasta
- 2 c frozen baby peas
- Whisk all sauce ingredients together in a small saucepan, and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Reduce to simmer, and stir frequently, until sauce thickens very slightly.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta until al dente. Stir in the frozen peas near the final moments of the cooking time, allowing peas to warm all the through, yet still retain crisp texture and bright green color.
- Drain pasta and peas, and serve immediately with cream sauce over the top.
- Feel free to swap in other favorite vegetables instead of peas.
- Sauce is great over potatoes, too.
Vicki Brett-Gach is a Certified Vegan Lifestyle Coach and Educator and a Certified Personal Chef. Follow her blog, Ann Arbor Vegan Kitchen [http://www.annarborvegankitchen.com] at AnnArborVeganKitchen.com for new recipes as soon as they are published.