I just returned from watching the movie PlantPure Nation which documents Nelson Campbell’s efforts to change the health of cities in Kentucky. So much hope only to be rejected by people who had other financial interests. Sound familiar? So much success for those who were willing to try a whole food plant-based diet. Sound familiar? I left the movie more determined than ever to continue spreading the message of hope to those who are suffering with heart disease, type 2 , obesity, and more. I believe that a grassroots movement is necessary because we just do not have the deep pockets that other interest groups have to protect industries that promote the SAD diet and keep the United States riddled with poor health. But why is the truth still taking so long to resonate with people? When something is right, tell the world!
We all agree that doctors, big business, hospitals, big pharma, farmers who raise animals for human consumption and certain chemical companies continue to fight against the truth. Is financial gain more important than one’s health? So each day passes by, the rich get richer, and the ones we love and others we know continue to suffer as they take pills to get by each day or have procedures that may or may not end their suffering. When something is right, tell the world!
So, what can we do? Here is my list.
- Don’t wait until it is too late, become plant-based now
- Tell everyone you know. Recommend that they watch Forks Over Knives.
- Ask your doctor what he or she knows about plant-based Nutrition. If very little or not at all, try to find a health care provider who supports plant-based eating. Try here or here.
- Join a plant-based nutrition support group
- Become a plant-based nutrition support group volunteer
- Donate to your local plant-based nutrition group
When something is right, tell the world! It is about health. It is about making sure our loved ones have a future.
We need you more than ever.
Yours in health,