There are many methods to stay motivated and be successful in your exercise program. Here are a few I've found to be helpful:
- Start slowly - both with the number of different exercises you do and the length of time you spend at each session.
- Use visualization - Visualize yourself completing a great workout.
- Schedule! - Make a regular appointment with yourself.
- Set realistic goals - Believe in yourself!
- Forgive yourself - Don't feel guilty when you miss a session or two. Do exercises that you enjoy.
- Keep eating nutritious, healthy foods - Plan healthy meals and snacks to avoid poor nutritional choices. Tell yourself and others how good you feel when you exercise and eat healthy.
- Buddy up - Exercise with a friend or friends.
- Loosen up - Be flexible with your program.
- Kick out the jams - Listening to inspiring music while exercising can make your time more enjoyable.
- Find incentives - Reward yourself with incentives for accomplishing your goals.